Once again WODS will be offering youth programming on Monday nights!
This program is intended to introduce youth to Ultimate and provide a fun environment for them to develop disc skills. Activities are catered appropriately for the age group, with a high ratio of coaches to youth – we intend for everyone to have a tailored experience. All programming is offered in accordance with provincial regulations for youth sport.
- Two 6 week seasons
- Session 1: June 6th to July 11th
- Session 2: July 18th to August 22nd
- $75 per child per session
- Fee assistance is available for players who would like to participate in WODS’ league programs but who may not have the financial means to do so, including due to COVID hardship. Please contact Hannah, our president, at email@example.com for more information.
Each age group has a head coach to direct activities and drills, with assistants spread around to maintain supervision and support. In their first season of play, players will receive a disc and jersey. In our 3-5 age group, guardians and their children participate together. For ages 12 and up, athletes will compete among their gender when possible. For ages 6 and up, guardians are welcome to apply as coaches or assistants by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents are invited to meet the coaches on the first night. Signed waivers must be brought to the coaches before athletes step onto the field. Electronic copies of program documents will be provided via email approximately one week before the season starts. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- 3 to 5 – Fundamental Physical Skill
- 6 to 8 – Fundamentals of Sport and Ultimate
- 9 to 11 – Learning to play Ultimate
- 12 to 15 – Playing Ultimate and Learning New Skills
- NEW! 16 to 18 – Developing Skills and Playing Ultimate
- Group 1 (ages 3-5) 6:30-7:15
- Group 2 (ages 6-8) 6:30-7:30
- Group 3 (ages 9-11) 6:30-8:00
- Group 4 (ages 12-15) 6:30-8:00
- Group 5 (ages 16-18) 6:30-8:00
- 3 to 5 – One parent present on sideline minimum. We recommend that guardians participate with the player for whom they are responsible
- 6 to 8 – Guardian must be in the park
- 9 to 11 – Guardian must be in the park
- 12 to 15 – Guardian must drop player off and be ready to pick them up an hour after session begins
- Make sure that you have selected Parent/Guardian in your account profile. To check this go to your profile page and click the pencil icon to edit your profile. Then select “Parent/Guardian” from the list if it isn’t already selected, scroll to the bottom and click “submit”.
- Add a child to your profile.
- Select the child you would like to register to “Act As” them either from your home screen in Zuluru or in the link in the above paragraph which sits immediately under the league title.
- Fill out the registration on behalf of your child.
The Youth Program accepts players from ages 3 through 18. More information is here. If you have any questions about registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To register a dependent in this program who is not in our system you must:
- All players and parents must complete the self-screening checklist prior to every game and take appropriate action as required.
- If you are sick, stay home and follow Public Health Ontario’s isolation requirements. If you are unsure if you may have COVID 19, please use the Ontario self-assessment tool.
- If you or one of your close contacts test positive for COVID-19, you must follow the directions of the Public Health Ontario representatives and immediately notify us by emailing email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org.