WODS will be offering youth programming on Monday nights for the summer of 2023!
This program is intended to introduce youth to ultimate frisbee and provide a fun environment for them to develop disc skills. Activities are catered appropriately for each age group, with a high ratio of coaches to youth: we intend for everyone to have a tailored experience. All programming is offered in accordance with provincial regulations for youth sport.
- Two 6 week sessions
- Session 1: May 29th to July 10th (no programming on July 3) – registration closed
- Session 2: July 17th to August 28th (no programming on August 7) – register by July 14th
- $50 per child per session
- Fee assistance is available for players who would like to participate in WODS’ youth programming but who may not have the financial means to do so, including due to COVID hardship. Please contact Adam, our president, at email@example.com for more information.
Location: Kiwanis Park, Kitchener
Each age group has a head coach to direct activities and drills, with assistants present to maintain supervision and support. In their first season of play, players will receive a disc and jersey. In our 3-5 age group, guardians and their children participate together. For ages 12 and up, athletes will compete among their gender when possible. For ages 6 and up, guardians are welcome to apply as coaches or assistants by completing the volunteer form.
Parents/guardians/caregivers are invited to meet the coaches on the first night. Signed waivers must be brought to the coaches before athletes step onto the field. Electronic copies of program documents will be provided via email approximately one week before the season starts. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 to 5 – Fundamental Physical Skill
- 6 to 8 – Fundamentals of Sport and Ultimate
- 9 to 11 – Learning to play Ultimate
- 12 to 14 – Playing Ultimate and Learning New Skills
- 15 to 18 – Developing Skills and Playing Ultimate
- Group 1 (ages 3-5) 6:30-7:15
- Group 2 (ages 6-8) 6:30-7:30
- Group 3 (ages 9-11) 6:30-7:30
- Group 4 (ages 12-14) 6:30-8:00
- Group 5 (ages 15-18) 6:30-8:00
- 3 to 5 – One parent/guardian/caregiver present on sideline minimum. We recommend that guardians participate with the player for whom they are responsible
- 6 to 8 – Guardian must be in the park
- 9 to 11 – Guardian must be in the park
- 12 to 15 – Guardian must drop player off and be ready to pick them up an hour after session begins
To register a dependent in this program who is not in our system you must:
- Make sure that you have selected Parent/Guardian in your account profile. To check this go to your profile page and click the pencil icon to edit your profile. Then select “Parent/Guardian” from the list if it isn’t already selected, scroll to the bottom and click “submit”.
- Add a child to your profile.
- Select the child you would like to register to “Act As” them either from your home screen in Zuluru or in the link in the above paragraph which sits immediately under the league title.
- Fill out the registration on behalf of your child.
- All players and parents/guardians/caregivers should follow Ontario Public Health guidelines with respect to protection from COVID‑19 and other respiratory illnesses.
Questions? Please contact Jon at email@example.com.